Configure SSL certificate validation for Asset Inventory polling
By default, SAM ignores warnings that occur when validating SSL certificates on target systems during Asset Inventory polling. You can change that setting so users are prompted to verify untrusted connections before proceeding. .
To edit this setting in SAM 2020.2 and later:
- Log into the Orion server as an administrator.
- Use the Orion Service Manager to stop all Orion services.
- Copy the following text:
- Paste text into your browser address bar, after
/Orion, as shown here:
<your product server>/Orion/Admin/AdvancedConfiguration/Global.aspx
- On the Global tab of the Advanced Configuration page, scroll down to the AssetInventory section.
- Select the CimVerifiesServerCertificate check box, and then scroll down to click Save.
- Restart Orion services in the Orion Service Manager, and then wait a few minutes for changes to occur.
To edit this setting in SAM 2019.4 and earlier:
- Use the Orion Service Manager to stop the SolarWinds Collector Service.
- In a text editor, open:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\AssetInventory\SolarWinds.AssetInventory.Collector.dll.config
<appSettings>, change the
- Save your changes and restart the SolarWinds Collector Service.