Disable Asset Inventory polling in SAM
When Asset Inventory polling is enabled for nodes, polling starts immediately and results appear on the Asset Inventory subview of the Node Details view. Initially, polling occurs daily at the same time for all nodes. The next time you stop and restart SolarWinds Platform services, the SolarWinds Platform schedules polling jobs at random times throughout the day to avoid CPU spikes and reduce polling engine loads.
To reduce polling, you can adjust the polling frequency or disable Asset Inventory on nodes.
Disable Asset Inventory polling on a single node
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Select the node and click List Resources.
On the List Resources page, clear the Asset Inventory check box.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
Disable Asset Inventory polling across multiple nodes
Do one of the following:
- Use a SQL command, as described in Remove Asset Inventory data collection.
- Use SWIS to enable or disable Asset Inventory polling.