Manually configure AppInsight for Exchange on target servers in SAM
SAM includes an automated configuration tool that you can use to add AppInsight for Exchange to nodes during Discovery, or when adding a node via the Node Details page. If that tool fails or you want to manually configure custom settings, permissions, and so on, follow these steps to set up AppInsight for Exchange on target servers.
Manual configuration is only recommended for experienced Exchange administrators.
- Verify Microsoft Exchange credentials
- Manually configure an Exchange server for AppInsight for Exchange
- Set PowerShell permissions for Exchange
- Find Exchange URL settings for AppInsight for Exchange in SAM
- Use the Add New Application Monitors Wizard to assign AppInsight for Exchange to the node. In the Orion Web Console, the default name displayed for the application monitor is "Microsoft Exchange."
- Navigate to the Manage Assigned Application Monitors page, select the application monitor on the node, and customize settings, as necessary.