Retrieve a SolarWinds Cloud Token to integrate AppOptics with SAM
To support integration with AppOptics and the APM Integrated Experience, SAM sends API requests via HTTPS to retrieve data that is displayed in SAM. Each request requires an API token, also called a SolarWinds Cloud Token.
This section describes how to retrieve tokens if you want to:
- Monitor APM services in SAM.
- Create an API poller to monitor metrics via the AppOptics API.
- Use the SolarWinds AppOptics Monitored Services API poller template.
- Add SolarWinds Cloud Tokens on the Manage Credentials page.
- Integrate AppOptics with an IIS node.
To retrieve a SolarWinds Cloud Token to use in SAM:
- Log into AppOptics or the APM Integrated Experience.
- To display a list of available tokens:
- If using the standalone version of AppOptics, click Settings > API Tokens.
- In the APM Integrated Experience, click Settings -> Metric Settings -> API Tokens.
- Click the token you want to use.
- To display AppOptics data on the APM Services page, a Full Access token is required.
- To integrate AppOptics with nodes monitored by AppInsight for IIS, the minimum requirement is a View Only token with read-only permissions.
- On the Edit API Token page, click the clipboard icon to copy a token to the Windows Clipboard.
- Return to SAM and paste the token into the relevant field.
This example shows where to paste a token when configuring APM service monitoring in SAM.
This example shows where to paste a token when adding AppOptics to an IIS node.