AppOptics integration requirements
Both types of integrations require:
- Orion administrator privileges
- A SolarWinds Cloud Token for an active AppOptics organization. See Retrieve a SolarWinds Cloud Token to integrate AppOptics with SAM.
SolarWinds Cloud Tokens are sometimes called AppOptics API tokens.
Additional requirements to monitor APM services in SAM include:
- SAM 2020.2.5 or later.
- Add a SolarWinds Cloud Token with a Full Access role, as configured in AppOptics.
Additional requirements to integrate AppOptics with AppInsight for IIS nodes include:
- SAM 6.7 or later.
- Configure AppInsight for IIS on nodes in SAM.
- Add an AppOptics API token with a View Only role, as configured in AppOptics.
This type of integration is not compatible with FIPS mode. If FIPS is enabled on the Orion server, SAM stops retrieving AppOptics metrics for AppInsight IIS nodes.