Download the third-party update packages to the WSUS server
- Log in to the Patch Manager Administrator Console as an administrator.
In the navigation pane, expand Administration and Reporting > Software Publishing.
- Select the software manufacturer that contains the package you want to publish. For example,
Select the package you want to publish in the package window. If a filter icon is blue , click the icon, select All, and click OK to display all packages.
Double-click the link for more information about the package.
- Review the description in the Package Details tab for information about the package.
- Click the remaining tabs to obtain information about prerequisites, hardware requirements, and version history.
Right-click the package and select Publish Packages.
You can also click Publish Packages from the Action menu.
Complete the options in the Patch Manager Publishing Wizard window, and click Next.
The Patch Manager Publishing Wizard window displays the download progress. When completed, a green check mark is displayed next to the package name.
If the package cannot be downloaded, the Download Assistant window opens. Complete the steps in the window to download the software package.
The package is uploaded and published to the WSUS server.
This process can require several minutes to complete.
- Review the summary information in the Package Publishing Summary window to ensure that the package published successfully, and click Finish.
View a WSUS server update
To verify that the updated was completed, view the update in Third Party Updates.
- In the navigation pane, maximize Enterprise > Update Services >
Your WSUS server> Updates.
Select Third Party Updates.
The downloaded update displays in the Third Party Updates window.
The following example displays Mozilla Firefox 47.0 in the Third Party Updates window. The green check mark indicates the update package is published to the WSUS server.