Patch Manager 2.0 through 2.1.7 Upgrade Gotchas
- When upgrading to Patch Manager 2.1.4, if you added a site binding to a host name before you upgrade, you must bind the Orion Web Console to a fully qualified domain name (FQDN). See this article for details.
- When upgrading to Patch Manager 2.1.4 with custom menus, you cannot see the Performance Dashboard link in the menu. For details, see this article for details.
- After integrated Patch Manager 2.1.4, future releases will no longer support Windows OS 2008 and 2008 R2 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 for Orion Platform installations. Integrated Patch Manager 2.1.4 currently supports these versions. SolarWinds recommends that you upgrade to Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016 at your earliest convenience. For more information, see the End of support notices for Patch Manager.
- Patch Manager 2.1.2 and later is not supported on systems running Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 without SP1.
- If you are migrating Patch Manager 2.1 to another server, read Uninstall Patch Manager from an old server and install it on a new one before you upgrade to the latest release.
- If an error displays in the Patch Manager Administrator Console after you upgrade, see this KB article.