Use the Credential and Credential Ring Rules Wizard to add new credentials to a credential ring. When you are finished, the wizard adds the credentials to the Patch Manager database and maps those credentials to the targeted resources.
- Log in to the Patch Manager Admin Console as an administrator.
In the navigation pane, expand Patch Manager System Configuration and select Security and User Management.
In the center pane, click the Credential Rings tab.
Select the credential ring you want to modify.
- In the Actions pane, click Credential Ring Wizard.
- In the Credential and Credential Rings Rules Wizard, enter the credentials you want to add to the Patch Manager database.
In the User Name field, click the drop-down menu and select a user name or enter a name in UPN or flat format.
For example, enter
email@example.com(UPN format) or
To add a common local computer account, enter
.\before the username. For example, enter
.\administratorto specify the local Administrator account for several computers.
- Enter and confirm the password for the user account.
- Click Add.
- Repeat step a through step c for each additional account you want to add.
- Click Next.
Create credential ring rules to map credentials to the targeted resources.
If you do not map a resource to a specific credential, Patch Manager uses the default rule to choose credentials for that resource.
Click Add Rule and select the type of rule you want to add.
- In the Select Computer window, browse the left pane until the resource you want to add is in the upper-right pane.
Select the resource you want to add, and click Add selected.
The dialog box varies, depending on your selected rule type.
- Repeat step a through step c for each resource you want to add.
- Click OK.
- In the Select User for Credential Rule window, select the credential you want to map to the resource and click OK.
- Repeat step a through step f for each additional rule you want to add.
- Click Finish.