Patch Manager provides automated patching (or updates) for third-party applications and Microsoft® servers and workstations. Using the Patch Manager Administrator Console, you can push the updates to the managed systems, approve the updates, and then install the updates on the managed systems.
This section explains how to:
- Push the updates
- Approve the updates
- Install the updates using Update Management
- Create PowerShell scripts for third-party updates
- Push the updates with PowerShell scripts
- Schedule the updates
- Stop an update
- Check the task history
- Troubleshoot certificate errors during third-party updates
- Uninstall a program using Patch Manager Computer Explorer
The Approve updates and Install the updates sections do not apply to SCCM (or ConfigMgr) environments. If you use SCCM to manage your updates, use the SCCM methods to deploy the updates you publish using Patch Manager. See Set up Patch Manager with SCCM for details.