Use the User Preferences tab in Security and User Management to create and manage profiles for specific Microsoft® Windows® users with access to the Patch Manager Administrator Console.
If a Patch Manager Administrator Console user does not have a specific profile in the User Preferences tab, Patch Manager uses the Default profile when this user connects to a console.
Patch Manager includes a default profile that applies user properties to all users. You can also add users and apply specific preference settings to each user profile.
When you add a new user, Patch Manager opens the Preference Settings window, which includes tabs for each user preference setting.
The following table describes the settings in the Preference Settings window.
Applies the following user preferences to all user profiles:
|Management groups||Limits profile access to specific Patch Manager management groups. Patch Manager allows the Default user profile access to all management groups.|
|WSUS servers||Displays specific WSUS servers within an associated management group in the Patch Manager navigation pane. Patch Manager allows the Default user profile access to all associated WSUS servers.|
|Patch Manager Computer Groups||Limits profile access to specific Patch Manager computer groups. Patch Manager allows the Default user profile access to all computer groups.|
|Domains and Workgroups||Limits profile access to specific domains or workgroups within a profile's associated management group. Patch Manager allows the Default user profile access to all associated domains and workgroups.|
Specify preferences for a user profile
- Log in to the Patch Manager Admin Console as an administrator.
- In the Patch Manager console, expand Patch Manager System Configuration and select Security and User Management.
- In the center pane, click the User Preferences tab.
To modify the preferences for an existing profile:
- Select the user profile.
- In the Actions pane, click Edit.
To add a new user profile:
- In the Actions pane, click Add User.
- In the Select Users and Groups window, browse the left pane until the user or group you want to add is in the upper-right pane.
- In the upper-right pane, select the user or group you want to add.
Click Add selected, and then click OK.
- Specify the preferences settings for the user profile.
- Click Save.