Both the Patch Manager Administrator Console and Application Server need to connect to the Internet. If you require either component to connect to the Internet using a proxy server, enter the proxy server information in the applicable dialog boxes.
Configure the console proxy settings
Complete the following procedure to configure proxy settings for connections from the Patch Manager console.
- In the navigation menu, select Administration and Reporting.
- In the center pane, click General Settings > Proxy Configuration.
In the Console Proxy Settings window, select Use a proxy server while synchronizing.
- Complete the remaining options based on your environment.
- Click OK.
Configure the server proxy settings
Complete the following procedure to configure proxy settings for connections from the Patch Manager Application role server(s).
You can use an Active Directory account for the EminentWare Data Grid Server Service. If you change the server proxy settings for this configuration, you may need to update the GPOs applied to the Active Directory service account, stop the service, and clear the user's Windows profile.
- In the navigation menu, expand Administration and Reporting and select Software Publishing.
- In the Actions pane, click Synchronization Settings.
In the Third Party Update Options window, click the Proxy Settings tab.
- Select Use a proxy server when synchronizing.
- Complete the remaining selections for your environment.
- Click OK.