The Patch Manager Summary view consolidates data from the Patch Manager and WSUS servers and presents the information in configurable objects called widgets. If your user settings allow you to customize the widgets in the Patch Manager Summary view, you can change the layout and composition of the resources in the web console. See Define the user account settings for additional customization details.
Based on your user account settings, you can change the layout and composition of the Patch Manager Web Console views. These changes impact all users who share the views.
Update the user account settings
This procedure describes how to change a user's account settings so the user has permissions to customize the Patch Manager Summary view widgets.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under User Accounts, click Manage Accounts.
- Select a user account and click Edit.
- At the top, change Allow Administrator Rights to Yes. This allows the user to add and edit other accounts and reset passwords.
- Under Alerts, change Allow Account to Customize Views to Yes. This allows the users to customize the Patch Manager view, as well as all views in the Orion Web Console.
- Click Submit.
- Click My Dashboards > Patches > Patch Summary.
- Click the view you want to change.
- Click Customize Page.
- Make your changes, and then click Done.
- Repeat step 2 through step 11 for each additional user who needs permissions to modify the Patch Manager Summary view widgets.
Change the custom widget layout
- Click Edit next to the column definition.
- Select the number of columns you want in the view.
- Specify the width, in pixels, of each column.
- Click Submit.
Delete a widget from a column
- Select the widget.
- Click [x] next to the column.
Add a widget to a column
Repeat the following steps for each widget you want to add.
- Click [+] next to the column you want to modify.
- Expand the appropriate widget category or categories.
- Select the widget(s) you want to add.
You can duplicate resources in the view.
Rearrange the widgets
Use the directional arrows next to each widget in the Column box.