Use the Package Download Assistant to download the Adobe Flash update files. When you are finished, use the Publishing Wizard to copy the installation file and update definition to the WSUS server.
See Download archived versions of Adobe Flash if you need a previous version.
In the Patch Manager menu, expand Administration and Reporting > Software Publishing.
- Select Adobe Packages.
In the center pane, select the Flash Player package you want to publish.
The Package Details tab displays important information about the update. The remaining tabs provide additional information, including prerequisite rules and version history.
- In the Actions pane, click Download Content.
- Click OK in the Download Assistant dialog box.
In the Package Download Assistant window, double-click the download link to access the Adobe Flash Player distribution site.
Patch Manager opens a web browser and navigates to the Adobe website.
- Apply for a license to distribute Flash Player.
- Download the archive for the version you want to publish.
- When the download is completed, close the browser window.
- Return to the Package Download Assistant window.
Click Import Source.
- Browse to the folder that contains the imported file.
Select the file, and click Open to import the file.
The file you select must match the update you selected in Step 3. The Package Download Assistant provides the correct file name by default so you do not need to select the file after you browse to the appropriate folder.
- Extract the contents of the archive to your local computer.
- Return to the Package Download Assistant window, and then click Import Source.
Browse to the folder that contains the file you want to import, and then click Open.
The file you select must match the update you selected in Step 3. The Package Download Assistant provides the correct filename by default, so you do not need to select the file after you browse to the appropriate folder.
- Click OK.
- In the Actions pane, click Refresh to view the imported files.
- Repeat step 3 through step 18 for any additional updates.
- In the Actions pane, click Publish Packages.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.