In addition to creating an inventory for your managed computers, you can inventory other segments of your Patch Manager deployment. These segments include:
- Microsoft® Windows® Network groups
- Approved, pre-approved, or unapproved agents
- Additional management groups
After you complete the inventory, you can access the results in the Patch Manager Administrator Console, Patch Manager Summary dashboard (for Orion deployments), and the Configuration Management reports.
If you are running this task for the first time, set up the WSUS Inventory task first. Otherwise, Patch Manager will prompt you to create the task during the following procedure. Additionally, generate a WSUS server inventory before you run any task. This ensures that the WSUS routing rules for computer-to-WSUS route mapping are functional.
- Log in to the Patch Manager Admin Console.
- In the navigation pane, select one of the following options:
- Enterprise > Update Services
- Enterprise > Microsoft Windows Network
- Enterprise > Agents
- Patch Manager System Configuration > Management Groups
- In the center pane, select the domain or workgroup you want to inventory.
In the Actions pane, click Inventory or Schedule Inventory (depending on your selection).
- Complete the remaining windows and options to set up and schedule your inventory.
These options vary, depending on your selection.