After you create a software package, select the package in the Patch Manager Administrator Console to view the package details in the Details pane.
When you select a package in the All Updates node of the console, Patch Manager displays detailed information about the package in the following tabs.
|Package Details||Displays the package description and metadata. Similar to the Update Details tab for WSUS updates.|
|Prerequisite Rules||Displays the package prerequisite rules. These rules typically apply to the machine and the operating system.|
|Applicability Rules||Displays the package applicability rules. If the package is new, these rules determine if the package is currently installed. If the package is an upgrade, these rules check for a previous version.|
|Installed Rules||Displays the package installed rules. When the machine checks in with WSUS for the latest updates, these rules verify if the software is currently installed.|
Use the Package Integrity Verification task to verify the content of a package before you publish it. This package compares the contents you previously downloaded for the package to what is currently available from the vendor.
- Calculates the SHA-1 hash of the downloaded file and compares it to the SHA-1 hash that was calculated when the package was created.
- Identifies the quantity of any extra files that should be included as defined by the Include Additional Files option, and the quantity of any files that are missing based on the number of defined files.
- Provides a Repair option to remediate any repairable conditions.
To check the integrity of one or more downloaded packages:
- Select one or more downloaded packages.
- In the Actions pane, click Package Integrity Verification.
- If the wizard displays a package without a green check mark in the left column, click Repair to repair the package.
- Click Close to exit the window.
Use the Check Publication Status task to determine if a package was published to a WSUS server.
- Select the packages you want to check.
- In the Actions pane, click Publication Status.
- In the Package Publication Status Wizard, select the update servers you want to check against, and click Next.
- Review the results, and click Close.