Assign a SAM application monitor template to groups of nodes
To save time when configuring your environment, you can assign SAM application monitor templates to multiple nodes that are organized into groups, instead of applying templates to individual nodes, one at a time.
- Organize the nodes you want to configure into groups.
Tip: You can use dynamic queries to create groups of nodes, and then assign templates to groups. Alternatively, use automation scripts that interact with the Orion SDK.
- Click Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Manage Templates > Application Monitor Templates.
- Select one or more templates, and then click Assign to Group.
- Select a group from the Available Groups column, click the green arrow, and then click Next.
- (Optional) Expand Advanced options to adjust default assignment and Auto Delete settings.
- Provide credentials and click Assign Groups.
- Click Done.
Allow 5 to 10 minutes for SAM to assign templates to the group of nodes. Complex AppInsight templates may take longer.
- To check the progress of this task:
Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
Under Node & Group Management, click Manage Groups.
Click the group that you assigned templates to.
- On the Group Details page, examine the Application Templates Assigned to Group widget.
- If you do not notice progress, consider restarting Orion services.