Add AppOptics to an IIS node monitored by AppInsight in SAM
This section describes how to add AppOptics service monitoring to a node being monitored by AppInsight for IIS and extend your IIS monitoring capabilities, as described in Integrate SolarWinds AppOptics monitoring with AppInsight for IIS nodes.
For a quick overview, watch this video.
Before proceeding, note the following details:
- You can integrate one SAM node with either the standalone version of SolarWinds AppOptics, or the APM Integrated Experience that combines AppOptics with SolarWinds Loggly and SolarWinds Pingdom.
- The first time you integrate an IIS node with AppOptics, you'll be prompted to either:
- Create an AppOptics account, or
- Provide credentials for an active AppOptics organization.
- AppOptics API tokens are also called SolarWinds Cloud Tokens.
- This feature is not supported on a node monitored via an Orion Remote Collector.When you add AppOptics to a node, IIS services restart and related websites go down.
To integrate AppOptics with an IIS node for the first time:
- Review AppOptics integration requirements.
- Navigate to Settings > All Settings.
Under Product Specific Settings, click AppOptics Settings.
- On the AppOptics Settings page, click Add.
- When the Add an Integration wizard appears, click Create a new account.
If you have an existing AppOptics or APM Integrated Experience account, click Go to AppOptics Login and Retrieve a SolarWinds Cloud Token to integrate AppOptics with SAM.
- On the Log In page:
- Provide account details.
- Click Sign Up.
The Orion Platform generates a unique API token -- also called a SolarWinds Cloud Token -- that provides access to AppOptics data and adds it to the Orion database.
- On the Select Nodes page, select the IIS node and click Deploy.
SAM deploys AppOptics agents to the node and IIS services restart. Related websites go down. After a few minutes, AppOptics performance metrics appear in relevant SAM widgets such as Top IIS Pools.