Configure APM service monitoring in SAM
To monitor APM services in SAM, you'll need a SolarWinds Cloud Token that authenticates access to the AppOptics API for a specific tenant. After a token is added, data appears on the APM Services page. To display services for a different tenant, add a different token linked to a different tenant.
Before proceeding, note the following details:
- SolarWinds Cloud Tokens are also called AppOptics credentials or AppOptics API tokens.
- You can use either:
- AppOptics credentials added on the APM Services page, as described here, or
- SolarWinds Cloud Tokens added on the Manage Credentials page.
- Tokens require a Full Access role, as configured in AppOptics.
Tokens are sent to the SolarWinds Platform via HTTP with plain text, instead of HTTPS. Consider adding tokens by logging in to the SolarWinds Platform directly.
To get started:
Click My Dashboards > APM Services.
If no AppOptics credentials were provided yet, the following dialog box appears. Click Configure.
If at least one set of credentials was already added, the APM Services page displays services. To switch to a different tenant and display a different set of services and metrics, click Configure AppOptics Credentials.
In the Configure AppOptics Credentials dialog box, select existing credentials or click New to add credentials. See Retrieve a SolarWinds Cloud Token to integrate AppOptics with SAM.
Click Save to return to the APM Services page. Wait 10 to 20 seconds for the APM Services page to refresh. If issues occur, see Troubleshoot APM service monitoring.
- For each service, click the Nodes Count link to determine which nodes are related to a service and if they're already being monitored, as indicated by the status icon.
- Green check mark: The service is already being monitored on a node in SAM. Click the node hyperlink to display the Node Details view.
- Red exclamation point: The service is monitored, but is in a Critical or Down state.
- Gray question mark: The service is not yet associated with a node. Click Monitor to launch the Add Node wizard.