Configure a firewall connector on a SEM Manager
After you configure your firewall to log to your SEM appliance, configure the corresponding connector on your SolarWinds SEM Manager. Many of the firewall connectors are similar, and some will include unique settings.
This example describes how to configure a Cisco PIX and IOS connector on your SEM Manager.
- On the SEM Console, navigate to Configure > Manager Connectors.
- Find the connector to configure. Type part of the connector name (Cisco PIX) in the search box, or use the filter menus in the Refine Results pane.
- Select the connector, and then click Add Connector.
- Complete the connector configuration form. The following fields are common across most connectors:
- Name: Enter a user-friendly label as per device type and model.
- Log File: Enter the location of the log file that the connector will normalize events from. This will be either the path of the log file on the local computer (Agents) or path to any of the 25 facility files (local0.log, local1.log, etc – for non-Agent devices) on the SEM appliance.
- Output: Normalized, Raw + Normalized, Raw. You only need to configure these values if SEM is configured to save raw (unnormalized) log messages.
- Click Add.
- Under Configured connectors, select your connector, and then click Start.