Upgrade to SEM 6.4 or later using an ISO
From SEM 6.3.1 Hotfix 5 or later, you can upgrade to SEM 6.4 or later to the latest version using an ISO.
During this process, the upgrade script disconnects the SEM virtual appliance from all SEM agents and consoles.
- Prepare the upgrade media.
- Connect to the SEM virtual appliance using either the virtual console (vSphere or Hyper-V Manager) or an SSH client (such as PuTTY).
Use port 22 when using an SSH client.
- Log in with your CMC user credentials.
- Access the CMC prompt.
- In vSphere, arrow down to Advanced Configuration, and then press Enter.
- In PuTTY, log in using your CMC credentials.
- At the CMC > prompt, enter: upgrade
- Enter i for ISO, and then follow the prompts.
After you perform a SEM upgrade, always reboot the SEM appliance.