Upgrade to SEM 6.4 or later using an ISO
Beginning in SEM 6.3.1 Hotfix 5, you can upgrade to SEM 6.4 or later to the latest version using an ISO image file.
During this process, the upgrade script disconnects the SEM virtual appliance from all SEM agents and consoles.
- Download the virtual appliance ISO package from the SolarWinds Customer Portal.The download requires about 400 KB of disk space.
Log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal using your SolarWinds ID (SWI).
Click Downloads > Download Product.
Click the Products drop-down menu and select Security Event Manager (SEM), formerly Log & Event Manager (LEM).
Click the Licenses drop-down menu and select your license tier.
Scroll down to Upgrade Downloads.
Click the SEM Upgrade ISO drop-down menu, select the targeted release version, and then click Download.
When prompted, click Finish Download.
The installer is downloaded to your system.
<version>is the SEM release version.
Mount the ISO image on your hypervisor.
- Connect to the SEM virtual appliance using the vSphere or Hyper-V Manager virtual console or an SSH client (such as PuTTY).
Use port 22 when using an SSH client.
- Log in with your CMC user credentials.
- Access the CMC prompt.
In vSphere, arrow down to Advanced Configuration, and then press Enter.
- In PuTTY, log in using your CMC credentials.
- At the CMC > prompt, enter: upgrade
- Enter i for ISO, and then follow the prompts.
After you perform a SEM upgrade, always reboot the SEM appliance.