Upgrade to SEM 6.4 or later across a network share
During the upgrade process, the upgrade script disconnects the SEM virtual appliance from all SEM agents and consoles.
- Prepare the upgrade media.
- Download the Upgrade Package for SEM Virtual Appliance ZIP file from the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Place the upgrade folder on the network share drive.
The upgrade network path should look similar to: \\<server- IP>\<SEM>.
- Connect to the SEM virtual appliance using either the virtual console (vSphere or Hyper-V Manager) or an SSH client (such as PuTTY).
Use port 22 when using an SSH client.
- Log in with your CMC user credentials.
- Access the CMC prompt.
- In vSphere, arrow down to Advanced Configuration, and then press Enter.
- In PuTTY, log in using your CMC credentials.
- At the CMC > prompt, enter:
- Enter n for network, and then follow the prompts.
After you perform a SEM upgrade, always reboot the SEM appliance.