Configure the Email Active Response connector
- On the SEM Console, navigate to Nodes > Manager Connectors.
- To locate the Email Active Response connector, type email in the search box.
- Select the Email Active Response connector, and then click Add Connector.
- In the Name field, enter a new name, or keep the existing name.
In the Mail Host field, enter the mail host IP address.
If you use a hostname in the Mail Host field, SEM Manager must be able to resolve the mail host from the DNS entries you entered during your SEM network configuration.
- In the Port field, enter 25.
- From the Transport Protocol drop-down list, select SMTP or TLS.
TLS 1.2 is supported for email connections in SEM 2020.2.1 and later.
In the Return Address field, enter a return address.
This field is pre-populated with firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to change this email address.
If the email server requires an Active Directory user to send email, enter the authentication server user name and password in the appropriate fields.
If the email server requires an email to be sent from a computer within the domain, the email server must have an exception created for the SEM hostname. SEM cannot join the domain.
- Click Add. The connector appears on the Manager Connectors tab under Configured connectors.
- Under Configured connectors, select your connector, and then click Start.