About the CMC command line
The CMC provides a command-line interface (CLI) for performing routine administrative tasks on a SEM VM.
See Log in to the SEM CMC command line interface for login steps and information about credentials and SSH access restrictions.
Use CMC commands for tasks such as:
- Upgrading the Manager software
- Manually applying connector updates
- Deploying new connector infrastructure to the Managers and Agents
- Rebooting or shutting down the network appliance
- Configuring trusted reporting hosts
- Configuring supplemental services on the Manager appliance
- Controlling your nDepth appliance
The following table lists the special characters you can use in your CMC commands and passwords.