Uninstalling SQL Sentry
Uninstall SQL Sentry through the Control Panel in Windows. Before uninstalling, please consider contacting the SolarWinds Support team with questions or concerns.
To uninstall SQL Sentry (a monitoring service or client), do the following:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Search for SolarWinds.
- Select SolarWinds SQL Sentry.
- Select Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall process.
- When you uninstall a SQL Sentry client or monitoring service, the associated program files are removed.
- User preferences stored in the registry are not deleted.
- The SQL Sentry database is not deleted.
Important: The .NET Framework files will not be removed when uninstalling SQL Sentry. Use Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to remove .NET Framework files.
Removing Watched Server Objects
Please see the Removing Watched Server Objects
article for scripts to remove the watched
server objects from the target(s)
after uninstalling SQL Sentry.
When you watch
events on a SQL Server, SQL Sentry places a few objects in the msdb
database that facilitate its lightweight polling architecture. No agents are placed on the server. This enables SQL Sentry to monitor the server with performance overhead that's typically less than SQL Agent. For more information about watched
server objects, see the Watched Server Objects