Go Agent Release Notes
1.15.0 - April 13, 2021
- The service key can be set in the user application code instead of an environment variable.
- All-zero task ID is now considered invalid.
- Through trace count made more accurate.
- Error reporting KV updates.
- License changed to Apache 2.0.
1.14.0 - December 2, 2020
- Offers a convenience wrapper to trace AWS Lambda functions, which can be used in combination with the instrumentation SDK to get additional insight into your function code.
1.13.4 - August 28, 2020
- Improved OpenTracing support to add HTTP status and method tags for APM service metrics such as request throughput, latency, aggregated histograms for percentiles, and error count. This builds on the previous release which added tagging by transaction names. Service metrics and latency percentiles are aggregated across 100% of requests, not just those sampled for tracing.
- New multitracer contrib package provides the ability to use two OpenTracing tracers simultaneously. Baggage propagation is not supported.
1.13.3 - July 9, 2020
- Added support for reporting exceptions via OpenTracing span.SetTag("error", ...) calls to the AppOptics exception tracking feature.
- Use Go modules to manage dependencies.
1.13.2 - June 19, 2020
- Added support for setting transaction names via OpenTracing. This allows you to better control the names you see on the Service Transactions page and used in request metrics, latency percentiles, etc. Set the tag TransactionName or resource.name to use this feature, which is equivalent to calling the AO Go SDK's Span.SetTransactionName.
1.13.1 - April 21, 2020
- Enable gRPC compression by default.
- Remove skip verify option.
- Go versions support: Add Go 1.14, remove Go 1.11.
- The metrics count should always be positive.
1.13.0 - February 21, 2020
- Added Go runtime metrics
- Optimized RPC links to the collector
1.12.0 - Dec 4, 2019
- HTTP/HTTPS proxy support.
- Suppress unnecessary logs in disabled mode.
- Go 1.11 is now the minimum version supported.
1.11.0 - Oct 28, 2019
- Added custom metrics API IncrementMetric and SummaryMetric.
1.10.0 - Oct 1, 2019
- Microsoft Azure App Service support.
- Miscellaneous improvements to events reporting and logging.
- The legacy Profile span is deprecated.
- Verification of the server’s hostname and certificate chain defaults to false.
1.9.0 - Aug 29, 2019
- Minimum supported Go version changed to 1.10.
- Configurable EC2 metadata retrieval timeout.
- Trigger Trace support.
- Added 'enabled/disabled' as legit boolean values in env vars and config files.
1.8.1 - Jun 24, 2019
- Added support for SQL sanitization on PostgreSQL's dollar-quoted strings and literals with Unicode escapes.
1.8.0 - Jun 10, 2019
- SQL sanitization.
- Memory footprint improvement for trace contexts.
1.7.0 - May 10, 2019
- Added SDK methods to insert the Trace ID into application logs
- Added support for new API token format
1.6.1 - Apr 29, 2019
- Renamed TransactionFiltering to TransactionSettings to follow the unified configuration spec for all language agents.
- YAML config file support.
- Transaction filtering: explicitly enable/disable traces and metrics of a particular URL.
- Fixed incorrect distro info in metrics messages.
- Renamed tracing mode from "always/never" to "enabled/disabled", the old ones are still supported for backward-compatibility.
- Other internal improvements.
1.5.0 - Dec 17, 2018
- Report error class for gRPC errors.
- Service name cleansing and transformation.
- Fix a Heroku DYNO ID issue.
- Internal improvements.
Note: Go 1.8 is no longer supported from this version.
1.4.0 - Oct 1, 2018
- Added an environment variable APPOPTICS_DISABLED to disable the agent from startup.
- Added per-request X-Trace ID. Now every HTTP request, even not sampled, has an X-Trace ID attached to the header.
- Fixed the version information reported to the AppOptics dashboard.
- Added a new API SetLogLevel(). Now the log level can be changed on-the-fly.
- Short-circuit the tracing functions when the reporter is closed or disabled.
- Improved the internal message queue capacity for peak workloads.
- Implemented defensive validations for data coming from the backend.
- Fixed a bug on getting the remote settings.
- Other logging improvements.
1.3.0 - Sep 17, 2018
- Added WaitForReady() API for short-lived jobs.
- Added metrics flush on program exit.
- Improved error printing for invalid service key.
- Added remote settings expiration.
- Fixed gRPC interceptor status codes.
- Fixed the Error KV spec.
- Minimum supported Go version changed to 1.8.
- Other internal improvements.
1.1.0 - Jun 15, 2018
- Custom transaction name support with optional hostname prepending