Troubleshoot collector services in SolarWinds NTA
Problems with the NetFlow service are reflected in the Collector Services resource. If your collector service status is down or unknown, you can troubleshoot it using the Orion Platform Service Manager.
- Start the Orion Platform Service Manager through Start > SolarWinds Orion > Orion Service Manager.
- Check that the SolarWinds NetFlow Service has the status Started.
- If the SolarWinds NetFlow Service is not started, select it, and then click Start. You can also start the service in the Windows Task Manager or in the Windows Services tool.
- If the SolarWinds NetFlow Service starts and stops again, there is an underlying reason causing it to fail, such as an issue with the connection to the database. Make sure the connection is working, and that the appropriate database server has sufficient CPU and memory available.
- As a final attempt to reconcile the SolarWinds NetFlow Service, start the Configuration wizard in the Orion Platform program folder, select all three components (Database, Website, and Services), and complete the wizard. If it fails, open a ticket with SolarWinds Support.