Create a report using SWQL in NTA
You can define the objects you want to report on using the SolarWinds Query Language (SWQL).
SWQL is a proprietary, read-only subset of SQL. Similar to SQL, you can use SWQL to query your SolarWinds database for specific network information.
- Click Reports > All Reports.
- Click Manage Reports.
- Click Create New Report.
- Click Custom Table, and then click Select and Continue.
- Define the objects to query:
- Under Selection Method, select Advanced Database Query (SQL, SWQL).
- Click SWQL as the Query Type and enter the code.
For more information about the SWQL supported by the SolarWinds Platform, see Using SWQL.
To discover table and field names in your database, use the Orion SDK API, available in the Orion SDK forum on thwack.com.
Log in to the Orion SDK
- Download and install the Orion SDK on the same server as you run NTA. For more information about downloading and using the Orion SDK, see Orion SDK Information.
- Start the SWQL Studio in your program folder.
- Enter information to connect to the SolarWinds Information Service:
- Server Name: localhost
- Server Type: Orion (v3)
- User Name and Password: Use the same credentials that you use to log on to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console.
- Define columns that will present the data gathered by your SWQL query, and click Submit.
- Add the report.
- Define the report layout, preview the report, and define the report properties.
- Click Submit.