Add endpoint-centric resources in SolarWinds NTA
An endpoint-centric resource is a special type of Top XX resource that you can place on either Node Details or Interface Details views.
To understand the difference between a Top XX resource and its endpoint-centric variant, consider this example: If you place Top XX Conversations on either the Node Details or Interface Details view, you will see data on conversations responsible for the most traffic passing through the selected node or interface over the set period of time. However, if you place Top XX Conversations (Endpoint Centric) on either of those views, you will see data on the conversations the selected node or interface originated or terminated.
If your user account has limitations, you might not see all the expected traffic because of the limitations. For more information, see Creating Account Limitations.
Add an endpoint-centric resource
- Click My Dashboards > Home > Summary.
- Under All Nodes, click a node. If nodes on are grouped, drill down to the relevant group.
- Click Customize Page.
- Click + next to the column in which you want the new resource to be placed.
- In the Group By list, select Classic Category.
- Select NetFlow Endpoint-Centric Resources in the list.
- Select one or more resources, and then click Add Selected Resources.
- Use the arrow buttons to move the resources listed in the column into the order you want displayed in the Orion Web Console.
- Click Done.