Applications and service ports in SolarWinds NTA
Use SolarWinds NTA to directly specify the applications and ports you want to monitor. Additionally, you can specify protocol types by application, giving you the ability to monitor multiple applications on the same port if each application uses a different protocol. You should review this list of ports and applications and check the ports and applications you want to monitor, adding any that are not present.
By default, SolarWinds NTA monitors recommended ports and applications that are used most on typical networks.
SolarWinds NTA supports many applications out of the box. However, if you have custom internal applications, remember to assign a port name and number to them so that they are reported correctly and not marked unknown.
Access the applications and service ports settings
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click NTA Settings.
- Click Application and Service Ports.
To monitor ports on a server, you first need to create an IP address Group and then two applications:
Let's assume you have a server with an IP address 184.108.40.206 and you want to monitor ports 80 and 443 on that server.
- Add an IP address group with the IP address 220.127.116.11. For more information, see IP address groups in SolarWinds NTA.
- Create an application called Application1 with ports 80 and 443, and select your new IP address group as the Source IP Address.
- Create an application called Application2 with ports 80 and 443, and select your new IP address group as the Destination IP Address.
You cannot create a single application when monitoring ports on a server.