Set up flow monitoring
To begin analyzing available flow data produced by devices in your network, install NTA, set up devices to export flow data, add your devices to NPM, and define what devices you want to monitor.
- Set up your network devices to export flow data.
- Add your network devices to SolarWinds NPM.
- (Optional) Verify that your collector services are up and listening on the correct port.
- Define what devices should be monitored by NTA.
- (Optional) Verify that NTA is monitoring appropriate applications, services, ports, and protocols.
- Wait a few minutes for NTA to collect flow or CBQoS data. Collected data displays in the NTA widgets.