SolarWinds Platform database maintenance
The SolarWinds Platform database stores CBQoS data and node data relevant for NPM. NTA uses data stored in the SolarWinds Platform database to display appropriate node details data and data concerning CBQoS policies defined on your devices.
Because of the growing volume of data produced by your devices, the database may quickly become unmanageable unless you schedule regular maintenance. The SolarWinds Platform database maintenance includes compressing the database and log files.
For more information about the database maintenance application packaged withNPM, see Running database maintenance.
- In the SolarWinds Platform Web Console, click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click NTA Settings.
- Scroll down to the Database Settings section.
- Select Enable Database Maintenance.
- Provide a time when Maintenance Is Executed.
Schedule the database maintenance for an off-peak network usage window to minimize any potential disruption of required monitoring.
- Select a frequency in the Compress Database and Log Files list.
- Click Save.