Set the sampling rate manually
Sampled flows contain information about their sampling rate. SolarWinds NTA uses this information to correctly display sampled flows data.
You can also manually specify the sampling rate for flows exported from your nodes. This allows you to resolve issues where the appropriate sampling information is not correctly included in the flows, it is not automatically detected, or when you want to see unsampled flows for a device which exports sampled flows.
Manually defined settings override the automatically detected sampling rates.
Manual settings are defined on the node level and are applied on all interfaces monitored for the node.
Access the management page
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click NTA Settings.
- Click Flow Sources Management.
Edit the sampling rate for flows exported from a node
The Sampling rate is set on the whole node and can be changed only per node.
- Use the Filters to find the devices to display.
- Select the interface, and click Edit sampling rate.
- Click Edit to change the current settings.
- Select Override sampling rates.
- Enter a value, such as
- Click Apply.
Your setting displays in the Sampling rate column.
The change is applied for all monitored interfaces of the node.