Install DPA on Windows
The installation process creates a Windows service called Ignite PI Server. This service is set to run automatically when the server is restarted.
Before you start
Download the installation file from one of the following locations:
- If you are installing a trial version, download it from https://www.solarwinds.com/database-performance-analyzer.
- Otherwise, download it from the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
If you have not yet created a SolarWinds account, see Access the Customer Portal to create an account.
- Log in to the Windows server as an administrator.
Extract the contents of the downloaded installation ZIP file.
SolarWindsDPASetup-x64.exe. When the installer starts, click Next.
- If you accept the terms of the license agreement, select I accept. Click Next.
- To change the default installation directory, click Change and specify the directory.
If the Do you want to configure Microsoft Defender checkbox is shown, select it if you want to create an exception to prevent Microsoft Defender from scanning the folder that stores the Find SQL indexes.
If the Find SQL functionality is enabled, this option can avoid spikes in CPU utilization. You can manually create an exception after the installation.
This checkbox is not shown if an exception already exists or if Microsoft Defender is not enabled.
Click Next, and then click Install to start the installation.
After a successful installation, the wizard displays the default URL used to DPA. You can use https://localhost:8124 (preferred) or http://localhos:8123.
Click Finish to close the dialog.
Click Open DPA, and create the repository database.