Upgrade DPA on Linux
- Review the upgrade checklist and prepare your environment.
- Download the most recent version of DPA from the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Install the new version in a new directory on your existing server.
./shutdown.shfrom the old installation directory.
Locate the directory that was created when you installed the new version:
/home/dpa_x_x_xxx= old installation home
/home/dpa_12_x_xxx= new DPA home
Copy or move these directories from the old installation to the new:
Do not copy hotfix files.
mv OLD_home/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/* NEW_home/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/
cp -rp OLD_home/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/* NEW_home/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/
Copying the Find SQL index data might take some time.
- If you changed the default SolarWinds DPA ports, then you must modify the
server.xmlfile in the new installation to incorporate the port changes from your earlier installation.
./startup.shfrom the new directory.
To complete the upgrade:
- Update any system startup files or cron job scripts that were created for the older version.
- Ensure the older version of DPA cannot start because this will cause conflicts with your ports, monitored instances, and the repository.
- If you have configured DPA to use a custom certificate for SSL/TLS, migrate the custom certificate.