Deploy DPA in the Azure Marketplace
You can deploy DPA on a virtual machine in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. The VM contains a DPA server on Windows and a built-in Microsoft SQL Server database instance configured as the DPA repository.
You can access the DPA user interface on the standard HTTP port 80 and HTTPS port 443. The Windows Firewall settings have been set to allow inbound HTTP and HTTPS traffic.
Create a DPA instance in the Azure Marketplace
- Log in to the Azure Marketplace.
- In the left column, click New.
- In the Search the marketplace bar, enter
- Click Database Performance Analyzer, and then click Create in the right pane.
Create the virtual machine
Follow the five-step wizard to create the virtual machine that will host DPA.
|Basics: Configure basic settings
|Size: Choose virtual machine size
|Settings: Configure optional features
|Summary: Database Performance Analyzer
Log in to the Azure DPA server
- In the left column, click Virtual machines.
- Click the name of the VM you just created for DPA.
- In Overview > Essentials, copy the value in the Public IP address field.
- Paste the IP address in a new browser tab.
- If you agree, accept the DPA end-user license agreement.
- Create a DPA password, select a time zone, and click Set up DPA.
- Log in using your DPA password.
- Start using DPA by registering a database instance for monitoring.