Update contacts and contact groups
You can edit the definition of a existing contact or contact group (for example, to update an email address or add group members). You can also deactivate contacts or activate them again.
Edit a contact or contact group definition
- Log in to DPA using an account with administrator privileges.
From the DPA menu in the upper-right corner, click Options.
- Under Administration > Users & Contacts, click Contact Management.
- To edit a contact group definition, click the Contact Groups tab.
- To open the item, either:
- Click the vertical ellipsis () on the right, and click Edit.
- Select the contact or contact group, and click the Edit contact or Edit group button.
- Make the necessary changes. For more information about the available fields, see:
- Create email contacts
- Create contacts for Slack or Teams notifications
- Send SNMP traps from DPA alerts
- Create contact groups
You cannot change the contact type of an existing contact.
- Click Save.
Deactivate or activate a contact
On the Contact management page, the green toggle button on the right indicates that a contact is active. Contacts are active by default.
When an email contact or a webhook contact is inactive, DPA does not sent alert notifications or (for email contacts) scheduled reports to that contact. When an SMTP contact is inactive, alerts associated with this contact do not send traps to the NMS.
To deactivate or reactivate contacts:
- Click the toggle button to the right of a contact to make it active or inactive .
- Select one or more contacts, and click Activate or Deactivate.