Manage connection information and monitoring
After you register database instances for monitoring, the DPA home page displays a list of the monitored database instances with status and wait time information. Click Action to start or stop monitoring.
Monitoring is always active after it is started. It is not necessary to restart the DPA monitor if the repository instance or the monitored database instance was unavailable for a period of time. Monitoring resumes when both are available again.
- If there is a period of time when monitoring should not occur, you can stop and then restart monitoring.
- If connection or user information changes with one of your monitored database instances, you can update that information.
- To monitor a virtual machine (VM), register the VMware ESX/ESXi Host or vCenter Server that the VM runs on.
- If necessary, update VMware connection information.
- If you are having problems connecting to or monitoring a database instance, see Troubleshooting tips.
For more information about using DPA to resolve issues on monitored instances, see Investigate performance issues with DPA.