Set up the DPA Integration Module
You need the following information to integrate DPA with the Orion Platform:
- DPA server host name or IP address
- DPA port number
- DPA administrator credentials
- Orion server host name or IP address
- DPA server display name
If DPAIM was installed automatically with SAM, it is listed in the Orion Web Console footer only after you complete the integration. If you install DPAIM using the stand-alone installer, it is listed in the Orion Web Console footer immediately after installation.
Set up the Integration Module in Settings
- Log in as an administrator. Non-administrator accounts cannot view the Manage DPA Servers page.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click Database Performance Analyzer.
- Click Manage DPA Servers.
- Click Add DPA Server.
Enter the required information, and click Test Connection.
If the test fails and a new field for the Orion server address displays, enter your Orion server address using the fully qualified domain name or IP address.
- Click Integrate.
What happens during the integration setup?
- The Orion server tests the connection and credentials to ensure it can communicate with the DPA server.
- The Orion server uses the DPA administrator credentials to create service accounts on the DPA server, which are then saved to the Orion server.
- The Orion server tests the connection and credentials again, and enables single sign-on.
- The Orion server sets up federation so it can retrieve information from the SolarWinds Orion database and the DPA repository database.
- The Orion server creates relationships between nodes, applications, and database instances from DPA.
The service account is used when the Orion server queries the DPA server for information.
Resolving certificate validation issues
If the Orion Platform is configured to validate remote server certificates, the Orion Platform must trust the certificate on the remote DPA server to allow integration. If certificate is not trusted, integration fails and DPAIM displays a message.
To resolve this issue, you can do either of the following:
Configure the DPA server to use a certificate that is trusted by the Orion Platform. The certificate must be issued by an authority that is included in the Orion server trust store. When you generate the certificate, make sure that it contains the host name that people use to access the DPA web console and also the host name that will be used for integration. Use the Subject Alternative Name field to include multiple host names.
Export the DPA self-signed certificate, and then import that certificate to the Orion server and any additional polling engines. When you set up DPA integration, use the host name that is included in the certificate.