Set up the DPA Integration Module
You need the following information to integrate DPA with the Orion Platform:
- DPA server host name or IP address
- DPA port number
- DPA administrator credentials
- Orion server host name or IP address
- DPA server display name
If DPAIM was installed automatically with SAM, it is listed in the Orion Web Console footer only after you complete the integration. If you install DPAIM using the stand-alone installer, it is listed in the Orion Web Console footer immediately after installation.
Set up the Integration Module in Settings
- Log in as an administrator. Non-administrator accounts cannot view the Manage DPA Servers page.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click Database Performance Analyzer.
- Click Manage DPA Servers.
- Click Add DPA Server.
Enter the required information, and click Test Connection.
If the test fails and a new field for the Orion server address displays, enter your Orion server address using the fully qualified domain name or IP address.
- Click Integrate.
What happens during the integration setup?
- The Orion server tests the connection and credentials to ensure it can communicate with the DPA server.
- The Orion server uses the DPA administrator credentials to create service accounts on the DPA server, which are then saved to the Orion server.
- The Orion server tests the connection and credentials again, and enables single sign-on.
- The Orion server sets up federation so it can retrieve information from the SolarWinds Orion database and the DPA repository database.
- The Orion server creates relationships between nodes, applications, and database instances from DPA.
The service account is used when the Orion server queries the DPA server for information.