Deactivate your DPA licenses
You can deactivate individual licenses on a DPA server to make the licenses available elsewhere.
If your DPA server has direct access to the internet, you can deactivate licenses online.
Evaluation licenses and temporary keys cannot be deactivated.
- On the DPA home page, click License Management.
- On the License Allocation page, click License Manager.
- In the Licenses section, locate the License Key you want to deactivate.
- Click Deactivate.
To deactivate a license offline in DPA 10.0 or earlier, contact SolarWinds customer support.
To deactivate a license offline in DPA 10.1 and later:
- From the SolarWinds DPA home page, click License Management > License Manager.
- Click Deactivate next to the license.
- Click Yes to confirm the offline deactivation, and download the deactivation receipt file.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal, and go to the License Management page.
- Select the DPA instance, and click Deactivate license manually.
- On the Manage License Deactivation page, browse for the deactivation receipt file, and click Upload.