Use WPM with other SolarWinds products
You can combine WPM with other SolarWinds products to get an integrated view of the web app user experience and drill into the underlying infrastructure that impacts performance. For example, starting in WPM 2020.2, you can save recordings directly into SolarWinds Pingdom and use them as Transaction Checks, as described in Integrate WPM with SolarWinds Pingdom.
WPM can also be used with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM) to visualize synthetic web transaction metrics in the context of application performance metrics by display the WPM Transactions subview on Node Details and Application Details pages. You can also create dependencies between transactions and applications, as well as transaction and nodes. See this blog post in THWACK for details.
Additional ways to integrate WPM with SAM include:
- Launch the Add Transaction wizard in Discovery Central to add a WPM transaction monitor to nodes monitored by SAM. Click Settings > All Settings > Discovery Central, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Use SAM's PerfStack feature to add response times for WPM transactions— from multiple locations— to a single metric palette, and quickly visualize those metrics together. See Using PerfStack with WPM and SAM to Troubleshoot Web Performance Issues post in the SolarWinds online IT community, THWACK.
- Use the SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM).apm template included in SAM to assess the status and overall performance of the WPM Player with Windows Performance Counters.
- If monitoring Microsoft Exchange with SAM (perhaps with AppInsight for Exchange), use WPM to run synthetic user transactions from office locations to the load balancer and Exchange servers. For example, WPM can provide information about what users experience when they access Microsoft Outlook, and alerts you if Outlook takes significantly longer than usual to load or if users cannot access the site.
- Use AppInsight for IIS to identify IIS server, website, and application pool performance issues for websites and web apps.
These are just some ways to use WPM with other SolarWinds products. For more ideas, visit THWACK.