Manage WPM transactions
After creating a recording, you can assign it to the location where you want the recording to run, thus creating a WPM transaction. The transaction location (also called a "playback location") can be the SolarWinds Platform server or any system where you've deployed the WPM Player service.
Transactions are more than just recordings matched up with locations. The original recording is a raw file but the transaction is an active monitor that performs web actions based on the steps in the file to gauge performance. You can schedule transactions to play at regular intervals (the default is 5 minutes) and set timing thresholds so WPM triggers alerts in the SolarWinds Platform Web Console if transactions exceed expected run times.
To learn more about transactions, see:
- Create WPM transaction monitors based on recordings
- Manage transaction locations in WPM
- Configure proxies for WPM transaction locations and transactions
- Set thresholds in WPM
- Group related WPM transactions
- Stop and start WPM transaction monitoring
- Configure WPM transaction dependencies
Click here to watch an overview about recordings, transactions, and dependencies.