Install or Upgrade WPM
Current version: WPM 2023.3.1
Released: September 12, 2023
- To install WPM on premises, see the SolarWinds Platform products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- To deploy WPM in the cloud, see:
- After installing the primary WPM application, you can deploy Web Transaction Recorders and WPM Players to remote systems to get an accurate sampling of your websites and services from the viewpoint of your end users. See the WPM Getting Started Guide for details.
You must be on WPM 2020.2.1 or later to upgrade to WPM 2022.4. If you are on WPM 2020.2 or earlier, first upgrade to 2020.2.6 and then upgrade to 2022.4.1.
Starting with WPM 3.0, you can upgrade WPM directly from the SolarWinds Platform Web Console (Settings > My Deployment). Downloading the Orion Installer is no longer necessary.
- Do you need to migrate as part of your upgrade? See the Migration Guide.
- To upgrade WPM and other Orion Platform products, see the SolarWinds Platform products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- To upgrade your scalability engines (Additional Polling Engines, Additional Web Servers, High Availability servers), see Options for upgrading scalability engines.
After upgrading WPM on the SolarWinds Platform server, be sure to upgrade any WPM Recorders and WPM Players installed on remote systems. See Deploy WPM to remote systems in the WPM Getting Started Guide.