Install or Upgrade WPM
Current version: WPM 2024.1
Released: February 6, 2024
SolarWinds strongly recommends that you install the SolarWinds Platform on a server that is neither public, nor internet-facing. To learn about best practices for configuring your SolarWinds Platform installation securely, see Secure Configuration for the SolarWinds Platform.
- To install WPM on premises, see the SolarWinds Platform products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- To deploy WPM in the cloud, see:
- After installing the primary WPM application, you can deploy Web Transaction Recorders and WPM Players to remote systems to get an accurate sampling of your websites and services from the viewpoint of your end users. See the WPM Getting Started Guide for details.
If you are on a version earlier than WPM 2020.2.6, first upgrade to 2020.2.6 and then upgrade to 2024.1.
You can upgrade WPM directly from the SolarWinds Platform Web Console (Settings > My Deployment). Downloading the SolarWinds Installer is no longer necessary.
- Do you need to migrate as part of your upgrade? See the Migration Guide.
- To upgrade WPM and other SolarWinds Platform products, see the SolarWinds Platform products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- To upgrade your scalability engines (Additional Polling Engines, Additional Web Servers, High Availability servers), see Options for upgrading scalability engines.
After upgrading WPM on the SolarWinds Platform server, be sure to upgrade any WPM Recorders and WPM Players installed on remote systems. See Deploy WPM to remote systems in the WPM Getting Started Guide.