Adjust Orion account permissions for WPM users
This topic describes Orion account setting for WPM users. WPM also uses SEUM-User accounts to provide permissions to WPM Players so they can run transactions.
You can use the Manage Accounts page to provide Orion users with different levels of access to WPM data and functionality. For example, you can assign Allow Recordings Management rights to staff members that:
- Create recordings and save them to the Orion server.
- Manage transactions locations where recordings are played back at scheduled intervals.
- Need to halt the playback of WPM transactions with the Unmanage Scheduling Utility transaction (for example, during scheduled maintenance).
Note the following details about Orion accounts and WPM:
- If an Orion account for a WPM user inherits Admin permission as part of an Active Directory (AD) group, the AD account must be also be added as an Orion user. Otherwise, a "You must be a WPM Administrator" message appears.
- To use domain accounts, each account should have local admin privileges and be able to log into the Orion Web Console locally. Use the following format to provide domain credentials for Windows accounts:
For additional recommendations, see Secure Configuration for the Orion Platform.
To adjust Orion account permissions for WPM users:
- Click Settings > All Settings:
- Scroll down to the User Accounts section, and then click Manage Accounts.
- Select an account and click Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of page and expand the following sections:
- Web Performance Monitor Settings: Determines if users can display transactions in various Orion Web Console views.
- Web Performance Monitor Recordings Settings: Enables users to manage recordings, transaction monitors, and transaction locations (also called player locations).