Manage WPM transaction playback with the Unmanage Scheduling Utility
You may want to play transactions only at certain times for any number of reasons, including avoiding scheduled maintenance or retrieving data only for normal business hours. When transactions are stopped, you are not alerted when transactions fail and you'll have no down time associated with scheduled maintenance.
With the proper Orion account permissions, you can use the Unmanage Scheduling Utility to stop WPM transactions at regular intervals. You can also unmanage WPM transactions for troubleshooting purposes.
To schedule transactions to be stopped:
- To access the Unmanage Scheduling Utility, clicking Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Unmanage Scheduling Utility.
- Provide Orion server credentials when prompted, and then click Connect.
- In the SolarWinds Unmanage Task Editor:
- Click Create New Task, or
- Click Edit Existing Task to update an existing scheduled task.
- Click Add Items.
- If required, group transactions by selecting a filter from the Group by drop-down menu.
- Click on the Transactions tab.
- Select the check boxes for the transactions you want to schedule to be unmanaged.
- Click Add.
- Select the length of time you want to stop the selected transactions.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) Click Save Task to save these selections for future use.
After you select transactions to be stopped, those transactions appear in the left pane of the page.
To view the details of a selected transaction's schedule in the Task Item Properties pane, select the check box next to the transaction name.
From this view, you can change the settings of transaction's schedule by selecting a transaction and clicking Set Duration. Additionally, you can delete transactions from the unmanage schedule by selecting them and clicking Delete Checked Items.
It is possible to create a conflict of schedules if you choose the same transaction to be stopped using both the Orion Web Console and the Unmanage Scheduling Utility with different durations.