Upgrade Web Transaction Recorders on remote machines
When you upgrade the primary WPM application, the latest version of the Web Transaction Recorder on the Orion server is upgraded automatically. These steps describe how to upgrade recorders on remote systems.
Before upgrading the OS on a remote system that hosts a recorder or player to Windows 10 v.1607 or later, SolarWinds recommends backing up recorder configuration (*.config) files. Otherwise, Windows may overwrite those files when you upgrade.
There are two ways to upgrade a recorder, depending on whether the Orion Web Console is available on the host computer.
Review the latest Web Transaction Recorder requirements before upgrading.
If the host system can connect to the Orion Web Console, follow these steps:
- Log into the Orion Web Console on the host system.
- Click My Dashboards > Web > Transactions Summary.
On the Transactions Summary page, click Download Recorder and then select an OS version: Windows or macOS.
- Open the download package and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. Click here for details.
- Configure the updated Web Transaction Recorder.
- To verify installation, launch the Web Transaction Recorder and create a recording.
If the host system cannot connect to the Orion Web Console, use the steps above to download the recorder to a system that is connected to the Orion server, transfer the file to the host system, and click the file to begin installation.
The default Windows directory is
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Recorder