Configure the proxy on the Dameware Remote Everywhere Agent or Applet
The Dameware Remote Everywhere Agent and Applet are automatically configured, and no manual setup is required in most situations. However, in the event that connectivity problems or incorrect configuration of the proxy machine impairs the automatic setup, some configuration is required:
- Run the Applet or start the Agent configuration program on a computer with a limited or nonexistent internet connection.
- Click Yes when asked if the computer is behind a proxy server.
- Click Yes when asked if a dedicated proxy server is present in your network.
- Select Use Dameware Remote Everywhere Proxy Server, and enter the Proxy IP address and port number.
- Select Enable Direct Connect support if the proxy is using Direct Connect.
Click Test my proxy settings to verify that the connection to the proxy is successfully established.
- Click Apply.