Configure an FTP connection
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers require multiple ports to communicate with customers. Complete the following steps to setup an FTP connection using the Port Forwarding feature:
- Follow the steps to Configure port forwarding on the Console
- Select 21 - FTP for the Remote Port.
- Identify which ports the server is using, both for control and for data connections.
- Confirm that your FTP customer is running in Passive Mode.
- Set each port manually on the Dameware Remote Everywhere console, or use a port range. For example, if an FTP server uses port 21 for control and then 5000 to 5010 for data connections, add two forwards:
- One for port 21 that covers any port on the local computer as well as port 21 on the remote machine.
- One for the ports used for data connections. For FTP, use the same local ports that are configured on the remote host. For this example, use 5000 - 5010 as the local port range, and 5000 as the remote port.
- Click Save.