Monitor capacity usage trends on the network and forecast capacity issues in NPM
Capacity forecasting is available for the following metrics of monitored nodes, interfaces, and volumes monitored:
- CPU utilization on nodes
- Memory usage on nodes
- Space usage on volumes
- Receive (in) utilization on interfaces
- Transmit (out) utilization on interfaces
Capacity usage trends are calculated based on historical data. By default, the longest time period taken into account for calculating the capacity forecast is 180 days.
The more historical data up to 180 days are available, the more precise is the calculated forecast.
- Peak calculation forecasts trends using daily maximum values. This method is suitable for important devices and connections where it is important to completely avoid reaching a certain usage level (threshold).
- Average calculation forecasts trends using daily average values. This method is suitable for non-critical network devices or connections where short periods exceeding the threshold level are acceptable.
By default, the forecast calculation method is set globally for all monitored objects. You can also customize the method for individual objects (nodes, interfaces, or volumes).
Capacity forecasting is available for nodes, interfaces, and volumes that meet the following requirements:
- The nodes, interfaces, and volumes must be managed in NPM.
- You need to have enough historical data in the database. By default, 7 days of data are required.
For more information, see: