Observe real-time data for nodes and interfaces on charts
The following charts support featured data in real time:
- CPU Load & Memory Usage - Real Time Data (Node Details view, Vital Stats)
- Percent Utilization - Real Time Date (Interface Details view)
Observe real-time data on charts
- To see CPU Load & Memory Usage, go to a node details view and click the Vital Stats subview.
- To see Percent Utilization, open an interface details view.
When you open a page with a real-time chart, real-time polling starts automatically. By default, the data is updated every two seconds.
When you leave the page, real-time polling stops in 120 seconds.
Real-time charts show data for a constant time frame of ten minutes. You cannot change the time frame.
I cannot see the real-time chart on my node/interface details page
If there is no data to display, real-time charts are not displayed.
Open the node in PerfStack. If you can see real-time data there, you should be able to see real-time data on the real-time chart.
Make sure the node/interface is monitored by NPM for a few minutes.
Real-Time Data charts do not display immediately when you add the node/interface because the identification of real-time polling capabilities takes some time, usually it is around 5-10 minutes.
If there is data to display, an administrator might have removed the chart from the view. You can add the widget.
I cannot see both metrics on the real-time chart
If your devices do not support both charted metrics, real-time charts only display the data for the supported metric.
I want the charts to update less frequently.
Change the refresh time:
- Click Settings > All Settings, and then click Web Console Settings.
- Scroll down to Modern Chart Settings, and adjust the Real time charts refresh time.