Plan to scale network monitoring
You installed and configured your NPM, discovered part of your IT environment, and have monitoring statistics displayed in SolarWinds Platform Web Console views. As you continue the deployment, consider the following questions:
- Are there any gaps in your monitoring coverage?
- Is there an essential device whose failure could affect your environment?
- Are there less important devices or applications that you want to monitor?
- Are there other groups or locations that you might want to monitor?
As you deploy monitoring across your environment, you can:
- Add discoveries to include other segments of your IT environment.
- Add individual nodes for monitoring. This is the recommended approach when you have a node with high latency.